Summer holidays, aren’t they the best?!
I especially love them now I’ve moved to the UK from Australia. Any chance of catching some much needed rays and I’m there! That’s why I’m so excited to be heading to Spain for a press trip on Thursday. The forecast is 26 degrees and sunny, sunny, sunny, and as you can imagine, I can’t hide my excitement.
As I’m now in the midst of planning what I’m going to pack, I thought I’d let you in on some of my must-have packing items. Obviously these aren’t all the items I pack (I’m known as a major over-packer – but really, what girl isn’t?!), but these are the pieces I always take with me on my summer holidays.
If you’re planning a summer trip, have a read. Some of these items may need to end up in your suitcase too!
PS. To get you holiday inspired, I just had to pop a little summery outfit video together. The dream destination for this clip is Cuba, how MUCH do you want to go there?! It’s so high on my must-travel list, it’s not funny! Enjoy, my babes! Xx
E’s Summer Holiday Packing Essentials
- Comfy dress – I live in dresses when I go on summer holidays. BUT they have to be super comfy, flowy, easy to throw on (you probably won’t see me in a tight or restricting number while I’m away, I can’t be bothered with the hassle! ), and have the potential to be dressed up and down.
- Light jacket – Leave your big coat at home and put it into hibernation until winter. It’s summer, you don’t need a massive overcoat. Save space in your luggage for all the cute things you’ll want to buy. A light jacket, such as a denim jacket, trench coat, duster coat or blazer, should do you just fine – especially if you’re getting away from the UK for the summer.
- Block heels – Comfort is key, babes. Mid sized block heel shoes are an E must-have for holidays. I rarely bring stilettos when I travel (unless I’m shooting them!), as I need to be in a comfort zen while I’m away. I do still love wearing heels when I go for dinner etc etc, but I will wear block heels (just like the mules I have on in the pictures). They’re easy to walk in, and can be worn both for day and night.
- Sunglasses – Sunglasses are a given. I do tend to bring a few pairs of sunglasses with me to ensure they suit the different outfits I’ll be wearing, AND (this is a big one for bloggers) to make sure I’m not wearing the same pair of sunglasses in every single photo! E’s tip: I only have one pair of designer sunglasses (yes I wish I had more!), so to make sure I look after this one pair, I always raid the high street before I go away and pick up a few cheapish pairs (doesn’t matter as much if the cheaper pair gets broken or lost!).
- Crossbody bag – The handiest and safest bag to take with you while travelling. They’re perfect to pop all your essentials in when you’re sightseeing and exploring. I try and take a small to medium sized crossbody bag – nothing too small, nothing too big.
- Statement jewellery – I love taking a statement jewellery piece with me that I can pop on at night to instantly glam-up my day look. Statement earrings are my go-to.
Location: Alma de Cuba, Liverpool